Re: Topband: Need advise on new antenna

To: ve3dz@rac.ca, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Need advise on new antenna
From: Earl W Cunningham <k6se@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 19:44:10 -0700
Yuri, VE3DZ wrote:

"I recently decided to replace my half sloper with something else.  My
choices are:

1. To feed my 56' self-supported Trylon tower (with TH6DXX on a top at
60')

2. Inverted L with vertical part of about 50-55'.

Which would be the better one in regards of performance and ability to
tune."
Shunt feed the tower.  My TH6DXX at 75' makes an excellent top-loader.

"How about radials? Considering they all will be on the ground, do they
need to be of exact length (tuned) or random length?  My lot is small,
only 50' x 120' and the portion of backyard where actually the tower
stands is approx.50' by 50' so I can't put 120' long radials..."