Topband: Binocular Cores

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Binocular Cores
From: Robert Kavanagh <ve3osz@rac.ca>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 17:08:43 -0500
Bill:

"Can someone give me the name of a supplier where I can obtain a small
quantity of the Fair-Rite cores which several of you are using for Beverage
matching transformers.  Part number is 2873000202.  Many of the larger parts
houses do not stock this in their Fair-Rite inventory, and a couple which do
have a minimum order or will sell only to businesses."

You might try Elna Magnetics in Woodstock, NY: www.elnamagnetics.com

A few years ago I needed a small quantity (~4) of rather special Fair-Rite cores for experimental purposes. I asked them whether they would sell me such a small quantity. They sent them to me free, with their compliments !

I haven't checked to see whether they carry the specific core you want.

73

Bob
VE3OSZ