Topband: 3D2 DXpedition

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 3D2 DXpedition
From: "KEN SILVERMAN" <k2kw@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 07:48:53 -0800
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to let you know that in about 2 weeks that "Team Vertical" is
leaving for Fiji.  In researching Fiji on DX Summit, it appears the Fiji is
relatively rare on 160, so we will be very active on Top Band.

We will be QRV daily on 160m beginning on 21 Nov 04 at around 0630z.  The
160m antenna will be the first antenna to go up.  Our TX freq will be
1825.5, Up/down two as directed.  There are more details on the 160m
operations and the expedition on my web page http://www.k2kw.com/3d2

Unfortunately we will be limited to low power on 160 and all other bands.
But on the positive side, our vertical will be in salt water, or just a few
meters from it.  We will have salt water in the direction of most areas of
the world.

George, W2VJN - 3D2SS will be the main 160m op.  N6BT - 3D2SS or myself,
3D2KW will also be active on 160m.

We will also be active in the CQ WW CW contest as 3D2XA in the M/M category.

Hope to work as many of you as possible.

73, Kenny K2KW - 3D2KW