RE: Topband: 160m noise

To: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>,"Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>,"TopBand List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: 160m noise
From: "Jeff Maass" <jmaass@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:07:08 -0500

I appreciate the education from you and from Jim (and I'm
eagerly awaiting his promised article!)

I'd missed the shifting of the impedance peak downward
in multi-turn suppression apps. I'd looked at the Fair-Rite
Technical Information document at:
http://www.fair-rite.com/CUP%20Paper.pdf
On page 8 is Figure 22, which shows the Impedance vs
Frequency curves for one, two and three turns on a #43
core. I'd like to see similar graphs of other core materials
to compare.

It looks like several more turns than three are required
for use on 1.8 MHz to get >800 ohms with #43 material cores.
What number of turns have you used and measured?

73,

Jeff Maass  K8ND