re:topband:receivers

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: re:topband:receivers
From: "Larry Higgins" <n9dx@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:58:01 -0500
...It is also true that this ham will not be working inside my Orion but I
can fix my B/C line...

True.  But this reminds me of a conversation with a friend about automotive
improvement.  When I said I thought fuel injection was one of the most
important advances in recent years, he replied that he preferred carburetors
because he knew how to repair them.  Isn't it preferable to have a fuel
system that doesn't need nearly as many repairs, rather than one which is
much more prone to failure?  Chances are, your Orion won't require much
repairing.  And when it does, TenTec's reputation for great service is well
merited.

73,

Larry, N9DX