Topband: High Pass Filter

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: High Pass Filter
From: ABowenN4OO <abowen@nettally.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 06:45:25 -0500

Asked,

"I was wondering if anyone on the reflector had any information for a
source of highpass filters that could be placed in line with a
transceiver?"
When I lived in Clearwater, FL during the late 80s, I successfully used the MFJ "T" type tuner (early 989 model) to reduce interference caused by a 50KW daytime station about 3 miles away. I was using a TS 850 at the time. The tuner was a very effective highpass filter, allowing me to operate, or at least listen to the band prior to the specified shutdown time.

INK N4OO