Re: Topband: Vertical SWR problem

To: <JSimon@GrahamDunn.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Vertical SWR problem
From: "George & Marijke Guerin" <gmguerin@voyager.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:23:46 -0500
Jim,

Move the tap from the vertical toward the hot end of the loading coil further to load the antenna down toward 1825 by putting more inductance in the circuit.
For better ground add some more radials, not necessarily full 130 feet long to better cover the ground currents close in, inbetween the full length radials. Anything from 65 feet and up will do unless you intend to end up with over 60 full length radials.

Good luck,

George K8GG

----- Original Message ----- From: <JSimon@GrahamDunn.com>