Topband: hs72b notes

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: hs72b notes
From: wb6tza@socal.rr.com
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 17:05:57 +0000 (GMT)
thanks for everyones patience.  the noise is really rough edged and tough to
listen through.  9 NA made it through, KV0Q,
W8AEF,N7RT,W6PBI,N7JW,AA0RS,K7CA,W9NGA,N7DD ( approximately reverse clock
order) - I wont post most nights unless theres something specific. Also KH6WO
and JT1CO ..  interesting feeling to be called by JT1CO..  while its not all
that far from here, it still feels rare!

the first period didnt seem specific about where the opening was, the later
part definately exhibited the searchlight effect..

thanks for everyones posts and spots, they are helpful

added another BOG, it didnt help much.  we did note the initial signals arrived
on the dipole despite the high noise, then swithced to the beverages

I have a request to move off of 1816.5 and since 1829 seemed to work well, we
will transmit on 1815.5 and listen 1829.  Most folks did spread out, it helps a
LOT, only had a couple cases of zerobeat callers.

we are planning a material apperance in ARRL160.  Hopefully usefully

Sorry about the keyer problem.....  Im afraid that its not an electrical
problem, its me falling asleep over the key... well, I guess thats a form of an
electrical problem.. too few gray matter sparks

73

robin,