Topband: HS72 and VK9X via south path

To: "160m QTH" <160m@mailman.qth.net>, <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: HS72 and VK9X via south path
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 08:06:27 -0500
Great south path opening today. I wonder what was up with
that?

VK3ZL, ZL3IX, BV4CT and JT1CO were all south path.

VK3ZL said I was 2-3 S units louder beaming south than west.

Only the ZK1 was west path from here, pretty weird.

HS72B Robin and VK9XG were both actually easy to work on the
south path. Great perseverance on the part of both operators
in sticking with it despite their high local noise levels!

Also noticed NE stations working Asia, so this south path
opening extended to the NE USA.

73 Tom