Topband: JA OPENING

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: JA OPENING
From: "Mr. and Mrs. Magoo" <magoo@isp.ca>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 10:03:39 -0500
I just read AA1K's report about the JA opening. I was running stations on 1820 or so with my ususal 100 watts when I heard this JA calling me with a 589 signal. I thought it had to be a joker (JA1JRK), so I replied "JA..sure hi hi". But he was persistent and kept calling me, and so I gave him a report, logged him but flagged the entry. I wrote it off to someone having a little fun at my expense. The time of the QSO was about 1210Z. I guess it may have been a legitimate QSO....but I have never been able to make a JA QSO at 100 watts before.

Oh this 160M band!

Bill, VE3CSK