Re: Topband: sloper puzzler

To: "Topband Reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: sloper puzzler
From: "Ryszard Tymkiewicz" <rtym@ippt.gov.pl>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 19:32:31 -0000
Hello Bill,thanks for your comments.

>Do you really know what the
> take-off angles are for your sloper on 80m and 160m?

Of course I don't know but in the case of 160m I was comparing both
antennas in different times for at least 2 weeks so in different propagation
and I suppose I can be sure the shunt feeding is better.
I know /as you told me before/ it happens that especially near sunrise/sunset
we have propagation with high angles but I have too many antennas on one tower
to have so many systems for each band /on one tower I have Yagis,Sloper for 80m,
sloper 160m and 2el wire delta for 40m/ so I have to choose...

> 3.  The electrical length of your shunt-fed tower on 80m could be too
> long making it a high-angle radiator there versus a low-angle radiator
> on 160m.

I suspect this is a reason on 80m...I'v been sure it will be similar "success"
as
with 160m but its opposite.I was trying with JA's also in different time /but
not so
long as on 160m/ ,so I suppose its not a case,additionally with omega matching
I have very narrow band on 80m ,so with sloper its much easier ...and I hope
better.

                                73 GL
                             Rys SP5EWY