RE: Topband: Triple slopers

To: "'Bill Tippett'" <btippett@alum.mit.edu>,<topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: Triple slopers
From: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 11:37:35 -0500
Bill,

>          Related topic...from K0RF on the 3830 reflector:
>
>  >The new antenna seems to work well.  It is a 4 square of
> triple slopers fed at the top of 4 of my towers at 120 feet.
> It has a good pattern and hears pretty well. No radials.
> Can't put them here.  I felt louder than I have felt before
> and I think it will be the 160 array for the future here.
>
> http://dayton.akorn.net/pipermail/3830/2004-December/098620.html

I wonder if the triple sloper systems aren't acting as a very
sparse discone?  If so, improvements could be made by adding
additional sloping (skirt) wires and detuning the tower below
the attachment point.  Detuning or sectionalizing the tower below
the attachment point would force additional current into the top
("disk") portion of the antenna further increasing efficiency.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK