Topband: HS72B Report by Dietmar, DL3DXX

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: HS72B Report by Dietmar, DL3DXX
From: df3cb@t-online.de (df3cb)
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 23:40:09 +0100
HS72B will go QRT in a few hours so this is the last chance.

News updates and the Online Log Search can be found at:

        http://www.df3cb.com/logsearch/hs72b/news.php

73/GL Bernd DF3CB

---

Dietmar, DL3DXX reports today:

        We are already packing our antennas, it's gonna be our last night. The
LP5
was taken down today and one of the two Titanex V80 is packed already. The
second one will be standing until our sunrise and then we take this one
down, too.

        Robin has built two new receiving antennas. One of them is very far away
and seems to receive less noise. We'll be again one the low bands the entire
night.

        Conditions last night were very changeable. No West Coast opening after
our
sunset but a short sunset peak to Europe on 80m. We began to call again at
1900 - simultaneously on 80 and 160 - and... the band opened into Europe.

        The band closed again and we thought it's over until suddenly K1ZM
appeared
with a fluttering signal at about 2200, followed by GM, GI, EI. Some nice
East Coast QSOs on 80m at the same time.