Topband: matching elevated vertical

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: matching elevated vertical
From: "Steve Flood" <flood@ixi.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 07:43:46 -0700
I am setting up a balloon vertical (136 ft. radiator) with a feedpoint at 30
feet above ground and 4 radials about 60-foot long each.  I'd like to do
something at the feedpoint to transform the 56-j115 impedance (modelled) for
50-ohm coax feed.  Is there a simple L-network calculator anyone has used?  Or
is there a better way alltogether to do it?  I did notice in modelling if I
lengthen the radiator to 152 feet I can get a feedpoint Z around 75+j0, but
still needing some sort of matching device.  Any tips?  More and/or longer
radials? I could probably go out to 80 or 90 feet on the radials if I really
had to.

Steve, KK7UV