Re: Topband: Topband operations by the upcoming Peter IDxpedition...3Y0X

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband operations by the upcoming Peter IDxpedition...3Y0X
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:52:00 -0600

Correction Bob. The first DXpedition in 1987, 3Y2GV, did make a few 160M contacts and I have the confirmed QSO as proof. Am sure I will work you everywhere...take care.

Doug

This will be only the third DXpedition to Peter I and only the second to offer 160m QSOs. The 3YØPI Dxpedition in 1994 made a little over 300 QSOs on topband. Obviously, this means that most 160m ops today still need Peter I for a new one.
73, Bob
K4UEE
DXpedition Co-leader

-- Doug Renwick VA5DX PO Box 50, Clavet, Saskatchewan, Canada S0K 0Y0 VE5RA@sasktel.net First VE5 9BDXCC What profit it a ham if he gains all the awards yet forfeits his soul? I'll run the race and I will never be the same again.