Re: Topband: New Antenna

To: "TopBand List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: New Antenna
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 18:39:50 -0600
On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 14:29:20 EST, WarrenWolff@aol.com wrote:

>What is my best way to get on 160 with this arrangement?

I like your #1 and #2 ideas the best, and I've heard some pretty
decent signals with this sort of arrangement. But accept it as a
given that all of the ideas you've mentioned require a decent ground
system (or counterpoise) if they are to be effective.

The link below describes a far less elegant implementation at my
home QTH that works fairly well -- I can work more or less what I
can hear with 500 watts. Yours has a chance of working considerably
better if you do a good job with the ground/counterpoise.

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/K9YC/k9yc160TopLoad.htm

BTW -- #1 and #2 ought to work pretty well on 80 meters too. Mine
does.

Jim Brown K9YC