RE: Topband: FT-240-77 Toroid Impedance R + jX Components

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: FT-240-77 Toroid Impedance R + jX Components
From: "Chuck Hutton" <charlesh3@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 13:21:30 -0800
Yes, different sizes of the same mix have different properties and some of
the Amidon charts show that clearly with overlaid data so there's no
surprise there.

But that wasn't really intended to be my question. What I don't have a
handle on is how to use the Fair-Rite u's and u"s data to predict your
measured curves (at least roughly).

Equally perplexing to me is the difference between the curves on your web
page and the Fair-Rite curves in Figure 22 on p. 181. The Fair-Rite curves
have nice peaks that change frequency dramatically as the number of turns is
changed. The peak in your curves doesn't appear to move at all as the # of
turns changes from 1 turn to 6.

Thanks for the comments so far, and I hope you're not out of gas on this
topic.

Chuck