Topband: Conditions last night from EU

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Conditions last night from EU
From: "f8bpn" <f8bpn@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 14:57:00 -0000
Hi All!

I was too lasy yesterday to get up early enough, I had some regrets when I saw all the posts on this reflector.
So, today I didn'nt want to miss anything!

I was by at 0415z, looked around on the band, heard a few US stations with not very strong signals, then I said to myself "lucky you, today there will be no conditions!"
Never mind I called CQ on 1812.5, I worked several US, VE stations with very nice signals, YV1NX called me, he was so strong I thought at first it was a YU1 station!
Then close to 0600z conditions came up from central and western USA, worked a new State with 2 QSO with stations from Nevada (Now, only 7 left), then, N7JW answered to my CQ with a 599+ at 0623z, very strong, never heard him so strong. It was my last QSO for today, call CQ again for a while, no answer.
Look around the band again, heard N7JW with a lower signal but still 579/589, thought the band was going down, I gave up around 0645z, may be it was too early...

About EA3JE, he was + 60dB over S9 here, splattering at least 5 to 7 kHz up and down, when he started, I was on 1829.5, I had to go back below 1.820 MHz to get a clear frequency...
There are some others big stations here in EU with similar signals at my QTH, like John ON4UN or Wolf DF2PY but they are not putting so much QRM on the band, they also hear very well...

Well, I'll try to be there this week between 0500z and 0630z before going at work, please look for me at the begining of the band.

Happy New Year 2005 and good DX all along this year.
See you on the band

73/88 de F8BPN, Mau
f8bpn@wanadoo.fr
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/ph-martin/f8bpn