Topband: Re: feeding a (folded) unipole

To: "Top Band Reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: feeding a (folded) unipole
From: "Roy Koeppe" <royanjoy@ncn.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 08:20:03 -0600
Asked:

"Hi. Is there anyone who has used a folded unipole with sucess who would
like to share with me, the proper method to feed it to get a decent
match some say a L/C network if so what would be the amount of turns on
the coil and size of the capacitor i'm trying to help a friend fireup a
new 110' tower and would like to try a folded unipole approach..i'd
appreciate any input..John K1GUN"

John,

I feed my 33-foot, folded fan vertical unipole on top band using an
omega match. Works fine.

73,     Roy      K6XK/0