Topband: T-antenna

To: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Topband: T-antenna
From: "DAVID CUTHBERT" <DAVIDNNAN@MSN.COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 07:10:30 -0700
Jeff,

the first antenna has a radiation resistance of 10 ohms while the flat top is 8
ohms. What I don't know is what the equivalent ground loss resistance is. I
guesstimate 25 ohms. If so, the difference between the two antennas is 0.7 dB.
With a 50 ohm ground the difference is 0.8 dB. With a 12.5 ohm ground the
difference is 0.6 dB. To me it looks like a wash- I would use the flat top
rather than put the inverted-l back up. If one dB or so matters to you (and it
does to the big guns) then the inverted-L might be worth the effort.

    Dave WX7G