Topband: CONTEST OBSERVATION

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: CONTEST OBSERVATION
From: "Mr. and Mrs. Magoo" <magoo@isp.ca>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:41:05 -0500
Great conditions, great contest, made all the more enjoyable by those KW operators who have fixed their key click problems since last time!

As always, running 100 watts in the contest, I found myself holding a frequency at one point snuggled "right up close" to one well-known DXer (who does not currently run an imported radio). I'm pretty sure he was running high power, but I did not even know he was there but for a few stations calling him a bit more on my frequency than his. Clean, no clicks and only when I widened my passband did I discover who my neighbour was.

I'm sure others had similar experiences. I'm sure others also noticed a few high power stations with clicks so bad that they were evident +/- 2 khz!

The fix is there gentlemen....we all enjoy the contest more when such problems are repaired.

And it was sure nice hearing and working some of those calls not heard a lot on topband recently....just like Old Home Week!!

73
Bill, VE3CSK