Topband: Conditions in Colorado

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Conditions in Colorado
From: Joe - WDØM <WD0M@centurytel.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 08:32:37 -0700
I was offto bed about 10:30 local, but decided to listen for a minute on 160. I'm glad I did. I managed to work CT3/VE3NZ after two quick calls and was amazed when he came back to me. He was a solid S9 - an amazing signal. I could hear what seemed like hundreds of people calling him, and was astounded when he replied to me. With that bit of encouragement, I discovered that KL1V was on the lower end of the band, and was about a 559 into Colorado. After his QSO ended, I called him and was amazed that he too came right back.

Having recently moved to Colorado from Alaska, I'm discovering propagation is quite different down here, on 160 and most other bands. Further, I've discovered beverage antennas and their amazing benefits. I've managed to work all states on 160 in a couple of months, but DXCC stands only at 18. Looks like I need to stay up a bit later at night!

73,
Joe
WDØM

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.8.2 - Release Date: 1/28/2005