Topband: Condx past few days

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Condx past few days
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 08:01:45 -0500
Saturday and Sunday I had rather uncommon high angle peaks
at SS.  All of EU was extremely loud from just before SS
until about 30 minutes after SS.  On Saturday there was a
strong dip after that period, Sunday signals just stayed
up.  I called CQ, esp. Sunday and managed to give a couple
of smaller EU stations their first DX contact.  There were
other weak ones calling that I could not dig out.  I should
CQ more when condx are that good.

VK6VZ was good signal around SS Sunday also, and later 9V1GO
was heard again.

Monday evening the band started off sounding good despite
the disturbance, then very suddenly went from huge EU/AF
signals to DEAD BAND.  Naturally this happend just as 6O0CW
came to 160!  It partially recovered later.

Paul N1BUG