Topband: My story from EI/SP4Z for CQWW CW 2004

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: My story from EI/SP4Z for CQWW CW 2004
From: "Wieslaw Kosinski, SP4Z" <sp4eez@poczta.fm>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 21:35:22 +0100
Welcome all to lecture my story from CQWW CW 2004 using Spiderbeam antenna
and Inverted VEE for 160m with a lot of pictures.
Thanks for all calling me in contest.
Maybe there is no many details about 160m area in this group any way some **
are mentioned

Story from CQWW CW (EI/SP4Z) version in English:
http://www.hamradio.biaman.pl/sp4z/ireland_eng.htm

version in Polish:
http://www.hamradio.biaman.pl/sp4z/ireland_pol.htm

Have a nice reading

Bye the way I use very good new antenna for 160m on my own QTH in Lapy, NE
of Poland.
It is abt 38,5m long sloping wire running with 50 degrees angle from 28m
mast with 3 el full size yagi for 40m band on top 5m long hard metal tube
over the mast and 6 el yagi for 6m band abt 4m lover to the 4m stick on the
ground (West direction) with 2 radials on that 4m high abt 40m long to North
America one, and to South America another.

The coax with hot wire in connected to sloping part. Screennig wire - to the
radials. It is good directive antena to that side with 2-3S better than
inverted vee on the same level to USA and carribean in both way: transmit
and receive. Before that antenna I had many problems to make QSO with those
area dispite 1kW output in Inverted ant. But to East side the Inverted vee
is much better.
At web side: http://www.sn0hq.org/foto/view_album.php?set_albumName=sp4z you
can
see that mast in details suporting this simple antenna.

I can not compare this "sloping vertical" to Beverage because I have not
good Beverage to the west side of my QTH but I work on it in planning to
next season

73 Wes SP4Z