Topband: V160HD

To: g3ozf@btinternet.com
Subject: Topband: V160HD
From: Dl8las@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:53:00 EST
Hi Don,
I have also a v160hd since 1 1/2 years.
The third tube from the top is broken two times.
I had a telephone call this morning with Mr. Sabolzc from Titanex.
He told me that the nylon rope absorbs vibrations and its absolutly
important
that the rope is included in the top segment!
In my first version i had no rope, because titanex forgot it.
Now in the second version i installed the rope, so far no problems,
but my qth is also in a windy hilltop location, so I think I will have  the
same problem later again.
If you get some interesting emails about this problem, I will be glad
if you can forward   this messages to my email!
Thanks and kind regards

Andy
DL8LAS