Topband: ON4UN ARRL DX 80m story

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: ON4UN ARRL DX 80m story
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:33:52 -0500
http://www.uba.be/actual/pdf/ON4UN_ARRL_CW_2005.pdf

"1. The scores are greatly influence by the sunspot cycle. The solid (blue)
line is the
smoothed sunspot number for the month of February. Theoretically we should
hit the
bottom 2 years from now.
2. The (red) score curve (each year's winning score for Europe) is
complimentary to the
Smoothed Sunspot Number curve.
3. The score line keeps creeping up: we have better stations better
antennas and just plain
more activity on the low bands.
So a new records should be expected in 2006 or 2007."

         This is not directly Topband, but Chart 4 in John's
story shows some interesting correlation between scores
and solar activity.  If he's correct, we have several good
years ahead of us on 160 as well.

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV