Re: Topband: SV5/ DJ7RJ last night

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: SV5/ DJ7RJ last night
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 11:59:46 -0500
>  Quite loud into NC last night at 03:35. Had to wait for
> the amp to warm up. Worked for new one on 160 but what
> surprised me was that few were calling. Perhaps everyone
> was recovering from the SSB contest.

Congrats on the new one!  I was surprised to see so few
calling Willi also.  I couldn't tell if there were just
very few stations on, or if most people were not hearing
him.

Propagation was interesting last night.  There was moderate
aurora.  Most of EU was consistently weak here in Maine
with two notable exceptions: RK6AXS was *very* loud for a
while, and SV5/DJ7RJ was the strongest I have heard from
him yet, even though everyone else was down from normal.
Propagation to the south was consistently enhanced with all
Caribbean stations booming in louder than usual.  YV1NX in
particular was impressive, running way over S9.

Paul N1BUG