Topband: Antipode hint

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Antipode hint
From: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:50:58 +0000
One thing I perhaps didn't emphasize enough in my posting yesterday:

When you are at or near the antipode of the DX station you are chasing, there
is no one heading from you to him.  There is NO short path, NO long path.  If
you view a great circle map centered on the antipode, you will see the DX
location has been spread out around the entire 360-degree periphery of your
map.  I use this hint to help me remember this:

"In Manyberries, there are many Kerguelens...."

Bud, W2RU