Topband: Boring Report

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Boring Report
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 22:43:12 -0700
It was an interesting night.  The K index went way up to 7 at one point,
and probably was the reason I couldn't finish a QSO with DL8LAS just at
my sunset.  Then, 5B4AGC popped up for about 15 minutes - and I thought
perhaps we actually worked at 0315, but now that I see that N6AR was
on the band - I am pretty sure it was Larry that he worked and not me.

Several other Europeans were heard: I2ZFD, DF2PY and I could sort of
hear ON4WW, HB9ATA and G3JMJ - but none of them made it into the log.

I did easily work XQ6ET and ZF2UJ however.  No signal from 5Z4DZ (again).

So - "it's not dead yet" - and if things settle down after the current
storm - who knows what the band will do tomorrow.  Some of the best
openings I have heard have come on the heels of a geomagnetic storm.

Keep the faith!!

Also - I got a note from ZL3IX who reports he has had European openings
at his Sunrise for most mornings over the past week and a half.

And here is a picture of the UA6LV antenna:

http://www.kkn.net/~tree/UA6LVant.jpg

73 Tree N6TR
tree@kkn.net