Topband: YA8G visit

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: YA8G visit
From: "Jim & Carolyn Kingsbury" <kingsburys@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 13:14:07 -0400
Today I had an interesting visitor.  There was a knock on the door and when
I answerd the young man said he was Johnny YA8G (home call LA5IIA) and had a
qsl for me.  It was for a 20 meter RTTY contact.  He was here in
Hendersonville NC with his girl friend visiting her folks and took the
oppurtunity to stop by for an eyeball qso.  We had a very enjoyable chat and
eventually got around to talking about 160 meters.  He said he enjoys CW and
160, but has a fairly high noise level in Kabul and didn't get on 160 until
April this year.  He said he had worked 5 North Americans on the band K1ZM,
VE1ZZ, W4ZV, W8JI, AND W8LRL (his memory is obviously better than mine)
congratulations to you all!!.  He also said he plans to be more active on
160 next fall.  He has an inverted L up about 30 meters and is working on
flag/pennant receive antennas.

Thought you guys might like to know.

73 Jim Kingsbury NW6S