Topband: Antennas project

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Antennas project
From: "Jorge Diez - CX6VM" <cx6vm.jorge@adinet.com.uy>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 01:31:27 -0300
Hello to all,

I have in mind a project to install a 100 foot tower with 2-3 yagis in a
farm, so I am thinking about use this tower to do something for low
bands.

First of all assume that I do not know the subject of antennas
construction.

Will appreciate very much any suggestion about wich type of TX antenna
to use, T, L inverted vee, ?

I read a lot of mails in the topband reflector about ground radials and
elevated one´s, but finally I couldn´t decided if it is better 120
ground radials 40mts long each or 8 elevated radials.

I will also need a RX antenna or do you think a lot of radials will
reduce the noise also?. In case will be better a separate RX antenna,
wich one is preferred? A beverage?, A LOOP?, another one?.

Thanks,
Jorge