Topband: 160 meter ground radials

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>,"Topband-Bounces" <topband-bounces@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 meter ground radials
From: "Ken" <k3yi@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 22:35:17 -0400
Hello,

Ground radials are suppose to reduce ground losses (right?)

I know this sounds crazy, but please just humor me okay!

Instead of using, let say 14 gauge wire for ground radials, how about using
some type of aluminum tubing at 2 inches O.D.

My question is, would the pipe reduce the amount of radials needed if
several pipes were laid down in the form of a bicycle wheel?

Suppose their were 20 pipes laid on top of the soil at 100 or 125 feet long
around the base of the vertical.  Would this work and would it reduce the
amount of the 14 gauge wire radials??

Thank you,
73
Ken