Topband: Tunable Buried Radial System (TBRS)

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Tunable Buried Radial System (TBRS)
From: N0KHQ@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 13:23:41 EDT
For anyone interested, you may email me direct and I will provide detailed
construction drawings of the Tunable Buried Radial System used here.

This system is very effective and has been tested "on the air" many times
during the last 3 to 4 years.

Hams that have installed and tested this system for use on the low bands
(160m - 40m), as designed, have acknowledged a dramatic improvement in
reception,
noise reduction, and more importantly, a reduction in earth current losses.

The basic idea for the system came from ON4UN's book. I just took the idea to
the next level. Thanks John.

This email offering is being provided as a favor to those interested in
reducing ground losses in low band antenna systems, be the antenna, of vertical
or
horizontal design. Please dont email me with comments like; "this couldnt
possibly work". It works, I guarantee it.

By the way, I use the TT-1251 counterpoise tuner as manufactured by Ten-Tec
because it has more inductance available than MFJ's unit.

73

John / N0KHQ / St. Louis