Re: Topband: Bird Meter

To: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>,"Ron Majewski" <bigsky2000@sbcglobal.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Bird Meter
From: "Mauri" <i4jmy@iol.it>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 18:10:15 +0200
> All you need to do is subtract reflected reading from
> forward reading and the result is (within limits of
> calibration) the true power.

Just as I told and You confirmed, the real power is not directly measured by
a bird wattmeter when load isn't 50 Ohms.
The real power (when a reflected power is existing) is only obtainable by
subtracting reflected power by the forward reading.
Thermocouple meters might be not so precise as a Bird 43 is, but power
measurement is direct.

73,
Mauri I4JMY