Topband: T-vertical matching

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: T-vertical matching
From: "Steve Flood" <flood@ixi.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 15:57:23 -0600
I am in the process of erecting a wire vertical.  I could go with either an
Inv-L or a T.   In modeling the T design, I used a 70-ft top wire (which is my
space limitation amongst the tree-tops), and a 70-ft. vertical section with the
base 4 feet above ground with 4 elevated qtr-wave radials that slope up to 10
feet above ground.  EZNEC gives me about 21 - j71.  Using an L-network
calculator, I come up with a low-pass series L of 6.37 uH and a shunt C of 205
pF.    Any feedback or "better-way-to-do-it" comments?  With either the Inv-L
or theT, I am looking at some matching at the base.  How about my MFJ949
outside at the feedpoint?

Steve KK7UV