Topband: top band RX DIOPOLE

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: top band RX DIOPOLE
From: "Jose M. Valdes R. YV5LIX" <yv5lix@cantv.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 18:07:41 -0000
Hello,

I like to improve my top band RX for the next season, so I have been reading
some literature regarding 160 meters RX antennas theory and I have question
for the experts.

I don't have the required space for a beverage since I'm a city dweller, but
I can mage to build a L shape horizontal dipole placed 6 feet above ground,
it will be a center fed full size +- 260 feet in length dipole with one arm
+- 130 feet and the second arm in a L shape of 34 feet and 96 feet. See
diagram.

This side is will be to the north/south

----------------------------------------------\/------------------------
                  130 feet                                             34
feet  |

|       This side will be east/west

|       96 feet

All section will be in the horizontal plane

Could a dipole fashioned in the above configuration and placed 6 feet above
ground be a some what decent 160 meters RX antenna?

For TX I will continue using my 1/4 wave sloper (inverted L) that has
performed very well the last 2 years and has permitted me to work the US, EU
and Asiatic Russia with 10/100 watts.

Other suggestions that my fit my limited space are welcome

Have a nice day

73/DX Jose M. Valdes R. (Joe) YV5LIX
eQSL.cc Advisory Board Member
QSL manager EA7FTR