Re: Topband: QRM from ASIA on TOP BAND

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: QRM from ASIA on TOP BAND
From: WATANABE JA0DAI <ja0dai@ecatv.home.ne.jp>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 23:13:14 +0900

 >Usually I have some mornings here in Nevada,
 >in early October where the JA gang just BOOM
 >into North America !   Nothing !  Nil !  Nada !
 >
 >what's up??
 >
 >Josh   N7XM         " where the Wild Horses roam"

A report form JA:

  We have been masked by broadband jamming signal all over the topband
here in JA. Nobody transmits so long as nobody can hear.

  The signal is almost S9 with my small loop heading to West, usually
noise level is S1 here. It does not sound like a woodpecker, but more
like noise and a Noise Blanker is useless. It spreads from 1650 to 1950
with peak around 1780kHz listening with 80m sloper antenna that is not
resonant on 160m.

  The possible same signal was heard in December 04 and January 05, but
it was very short period and not last over a day. Now we are observing
this one nearly two weeks continuously form 1st of October.

  The strength builds up quickly after about 1 hour after our sunset time,
it seems the transmitting site is located west of JA by 1 hour behind.

  We are now asking JARL and Japanese PTT to figure out where it comes
from, but we have no info so far.

  If this is relating to a certain political/military intension in Asia,
I don't know how we can manage it. Does anyone have a good advice please?

  Anyway we would like to see the low band season coming just around the
corner.

  73...Watt JA0DAI (also WR3W)