Topband: K9AY loop (AYL-4)

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: K9AY loop (AYL-4)
From: "Johannes Wilke" <Johannes.Wilke@t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:36:26 +0200
Hello!

Installing a K9AY Loop (AYL-4) I've got 3 questions:

1. My K9AY RX-antenna is located about 25m (~80ft) away from the
TX-vertical; will the preamplifier inside of the control box tolerate the
relative high RX-voltage at the antenna input when connected during TX to
the K9AY loop ?

2. The RX-output from the Control-Box in direction of the RX-input is not
directly connected to the loop, so I think that no further precautions have
to be taken on the RX-antenna input then?

3. Is the AYL-4 outside relais-Box waterproof?

Any idea to one of these 3 questions?

73 Jo, DK2PH