Topband: Automatic Bounces

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Automatic Bounces
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 17:00:49 -0400
        One other item I forgot to mention
often trips up some subscribers.  Your posting
email address must be recognized by Mailman
software or it will be automatically bounced with
a canned message something like:

"Your message has been automatically rejected"

        This often happens when someone has
subscribed with one address and then tries to
post using a different address.  Mailman has no
way of knowing the different address is not a
spammer, so it automatically rejects unknown
addresses and I never even see them.  This is
a very effective way to reduce spam so that I
do not have to individually filter them.

        If you are ever in a remote location and
must use an address that is not subscribed,
simply send your message directly to me and
I will forward it to the reflector.

        Sorry for the administrivia...now let's
get back to Topband!

                        73,  Bill  W4ZV