Topband: HB0/DL2OBO - 15-20 October 2005

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: HB0/DL2OBO - 15-20 October 2005
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 08:27:56 -0400
From: <mailto:dl2obo@hotel-hellers-krug.de>dl2obo@hotel-hellers-krug.de
Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2005 3:26 PM
Subject: HB0/DL2OBO story

Hello

I am sending this mail to those I worked on my
last trip to HB0 the last week 15.-20.October 2005).

thanks again for working me. Most of the email
receivers got me on top band, some on others  and
some just get the mail for info.

On 160m:    you guys did a good job. I only had a
2x40m dipole @ 15m height. But a clear sloping
take off towards USA/Canada. Power was 800w max.
I had a lot of QRN because of the QTH 1000m asl (
heard every lightning in the Alps,hi)  And also
there was an electric fence for cattle which
pulses every 2 seconds..... no good RX
conditions. Best DX was into Texas. I worked 170
USA / Canada plus KP4A. Thanks again.
I promise to have a K9AY with me next time as
well as something vertical for 160m.

On 80m there was a toploaded vertical ( two
fishing rods, 10m vertical part, 2 elevated radials)

On 40m I used a vertical antenna and was happy to
work a lot of west coast guys.

On 10-15-20m I had a 3el tribander but condx were
so poor it was not worth to take  all that stuff
up the hill. Maybe some working me as a new one on that band think different,hi

Worked 30m with a dipole.

Total QSOs: 1800.
During WAG Contest just over 220 QSOs. No good QTH for working into DL,hi.

If you still  need HB0 on some bands, there is a
big group at the "Chalet Barsüla" preparing for
the Contest. They are very active and will have excellent antennas up.

If you plan your own tour th HB0 see
<http://www.tourismus.li>www.tourismus.li
Best QTHs are "Barsüla" or "Sareiser Joch"

New QSLs are ordered. My printer needs 5 weeks to get them ready.

I send them all out via the bureau after getting them from the printer.
  If you think I have your call wrong in my log, please send an email.
If you have not received your QSL via the
bureau  after "the normal time", you are maybe
not in the log, or wrong in the log.

73

any comments are very welcome

Tom DL2OBO