Topband: Broadcast Interference

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Broadcast Interference
From: "wa4fki" <wa4fki@nc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:57:17 -0400
I would like help, recently BC interference has become very bad. A few days ago
160 and 80 meters are almost useless due to two radio stations beating
together.

Upon investigating I found that one station (1600 kHz) was one of the problems,
it's signal was beating with a station on 640 kHz.

The 640 kHz station has a 3rd harmonic in 160 meters, distance from this
station about 8 miles. While the 1600 kHz has a sub harmonic on 687 kHz.

I receive with a Kenwood TS-140 and a Drake R-4B, the problem is very bad on
both. Recently the Drake 2-B is even worse than the TS-140. By inserting the 20
db attenuator in the TS-140 the 9+40 on 70 meters drops to S-1. Any
suggestions?

Bill
WA4FKI