Topband: Hearing but not working Eu at Sunset

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Hearing but not working Eu at Sunset
From: Craig Clark <jcclark@wildblue.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:43:44 -0500
I have always felt the reason is that our signals are not as loud in
Eu at Sunset due to the fact that the absorption is higher on our end
and therefore our signals are not that loud as the Eu stations are
for us. There has simply not been enough time for the effects of the
Sun to "wear off" in the Ionosphere.

I won't disagree that QRM and congestion are also factors. For pete's
sake, I heard UU7J last night an hour before sunset and I don't think
anyone worked him. I never could.

73, Craig Clark, K1QX

PLEASE NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
JCCLARK@WILDBLUE.NET