Topband: Beverages

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Beverages
From: "Calle Jonsson" <calle.c.jonsson@utb.boras.se>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:33:50 +0100
I have tried beverages of different configuration over the past 20 years, but
never succeded. My ground is very poor, dry and sandy. SM6DOI on the other hand
has very good ground (100% wet blue clay). He has 6 beverages into different
directions which work perfectly. Conclusion: The antennas that we call
beverages are not really beverages but low terminated long wires. The original
beverage antenna at Grimeton Radio (an old station who worked on the long wave
band) was about 30 kilometres long and about 3 meters up.
73 Carl SM6CPY