Topband: WAGL

To: <Topband@contesting.com>, "160m QTH" <160m@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Topband: WAGL
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 08:06:08 -0500
Palmetto Broadcasting's WAGL is really trashing 160 just
before sunset and just after sunrise when they run a 10kW
transmitter. The owner, who has been cited and fined for
other violations, claims they can't hear any problem.

I've turned them in to the FCC office in charge of
enforcement (this usually only takes a week or so for
action), but it might speed things up a bit if others
hearing this spur contact the FCC and Palmetto. I'd hate to
see it sit there in the CQWW contest!!!

To help people identify what it sounds like and report the
problem, I've placed a sound recording and other info at

http://www.w8ji.com/dx_sound_files.htm

I cannot publish the FCC's private number, but a call to
public numbers or the ARRL should help.

73, Tom W8JI