Topband: 6Y 160m Trip

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 6Y 160m Trip
From: <k2kw@prodigy.net>(by way of Bill Tippett <w4zv@contesting.com>)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 06:07:42 -0500
Hi Bill,

Not sure if you want to pass this along to the TopBand reflector, but we're
doing a pretty major 160m trip:

Tom N6BT and Kenny K2KW will be doing a major 160m trip to Jamaica.   We
will be QRV on 160 from Nov 26-Dec5.   The antenna will be the largest we've
ever installed in Jamaica:  a 2 ele vertical parasitic array using 76' top
loaded elements, with elevated radials over 4000 of radial ground screen.
We'll be at our Team Vertical location, right on the salt water.  The array
will be aimed at USA/JA, but the parasitic array should also work well into
EU.

Most operations will be on 160m.  Nightly into USA/EU, and then at sunrise
for JA/Asia/Oceania.  We'll be active a bit during the 2nd night of CQWWCW,
and then all during the week.  We'll do a M/S effort in the ARRL 160m
contest, which is the main focus of the trip.  Thanks to JA3AAW, this
information has already been posted on the JA TopBand reflector, as we will
make a special effort at our sunrise for JA and Asia.  When targeting JA,
we'll transmit on 1825.5, listening down 2.

73, Kenny K2KW