Topband: condx

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: condx
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 12:35:40 -0500
After several weeks of very poor conditions, last night was much
better but somewhat unusual. I got 4 new ones in the log! Signals
appeared to be arriving at high angle. For the first time this
season the inverted V consistently outperformed the Beverage(s) on
all EU stations, often by many dB (S/N). I was convinced the
Beverages were all broken from the storm yesterday, but on
inspection this morning they are OK.

3B8 got away again. The direction and/or angle was changing so
rapidly I nearly wore out my RX antenna switch trying to keep track
of the signal! Did anyone else notice this? Best copy alternated
between the inverted V and 3 Beverages: SE, E, NE. The path changed
every few seconds. I called whenever I thought I was keeping track
well enough to hear if he answered me, which wasn't very often. This
was in sharp contrast to previous nights, when the E Beverage was
consistently best.

Good hunting / good luck to all this weekend! Let's hope conditions
continue to improve.

73,
Paul N1BUG