Re: Topband: CQ WW CW and ARRL contest report

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: CQ WW CW and ARRL contest report
From: Steve Ireland <vk6vz@arach.net.au>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 09:07:17 +0800
VK3IO said:

>The ARRL weekend was good (but not great), no noise and many signals heard
>from NA at good signal levels, up to strenght 9, but no one could here me,
>so no contacts made.

G'day

I had a very similar experience to Ron, VK3IO, here in the ARRL.  Called
many but only worked W8JI.  Typically, JA7NI and I called a VE2 (I was
hoping maybe he was in Zone 2!) for about 15 minutes but no luck for either
of us.

Maybe everyone had their Beverages, flags etc orientated just for NA.

Thunderstorms ruined the CQ WW CW in VK6 also.

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ