Topband: TRANSFORMER QUESTION

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: TRANSFORMER QUESTION
From: "Mr. and Mrs. Magoo" <magoo@isp.ca>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 16:10:27 -0500
I recently built and installed a 2:1 matching transformer on a pair of
phased 750 ft Beverages.  The antenna works extremely well on 160 and 80,
but I noticed that it is not flat much above 5 mhz, unlike the 9:1
transformers which I use on all my Beverages.  The transformer design I used
is the input transformer from W8JI's "magic T" coupler and employs the
BN202-73 binocular core.  I wound up a few of them and they all exhibit the
same response.

Anyone tell me what might be going on here?

Bill, VE3CSK