Topband: Mr murphy

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Mr murphy
From: Dxhogg@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 09:30:50 EST
After reading 0n4ww article about Mr Murphy I thought I would  recount my
bout with  the miserable fellow.This all started aprox 8 1/2  years ago and
with
a 10 year hiatus from the hobby other than working the major  expeditions on
the higher bands...the low freq bands were low priority...About 2  years ago I
got bit by the low band dxing bug again and was surprised to hear to  my
dismay a loud buzzing noise which was very freq specific 1.800-1.830 not  a
peep
below and above very quiet.i had thought for sure my neighbor next door  was
deliberately qrming me.he is a engineer type and very jealous because of  tower
restrictions ....so the tale goes I had tried everything....till last  Friday I
was working on a humongous antenna tuner for top band and I needed to  have a
dark area to view under the chassis so I unplugged the overhead  florescent
light to use a little mag light to look under the pair of roller  inductors to
make sure there was no foreign debris under to arc over. I turned  the mag
light off and looked up at the overhead light and saw a aurora blue  light
running back and forth in the ligh.ti went and got my sangean ats505 and
dialed up
1.825 and guess what there was the noise......as I would take my hand  and
touch the light fixture that was unplugged the tubes would get  brighter....Mr
Murphy you really suck I found you.....well removing the light  fixture that I
had thought was possessed by evil demons I found above the light  the real
cause of the problem....in that 10 year hiatus I had a electrician  totally
rewire
the house.when he replaced the service panel he had taken a brute  force line
filter I had attached to the old service panel and installed it on a  ceiling
joist and had not grounded it.....my evil transmitter has been
silenced....its a awesome feeling to take that dirty bas---- out side and smash
 the hell
out of it with a sledge hammer......anybody need a couple of hundred  snap on
beads    73  ray  nr1r