Topband: 160 Antenna Update

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 Antenna Update
From: "Ed Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 20:01:57 -0500
Good Evening All,

I've been having a regular riot with TopBand DX since I re-located the inverted
"L" --- so much so, that I'm giving serious consideration now to the erection
of second similar one 1/2-wave away, with a phasing line connected directly to
the base of the first...

This would all be in keeping with a two-element "Robert Tail Array", the
original description of which may be seen in volume 2 of the ARRL ANTENNA
COMPENDIUM.

I had a three element version of this (essentially) inverted Bobtail array, for
40-meters some 14 years ago  --- it was one of the all-time best DX antennas
I'd ever had to that point for 7-MHz. I wonder if a two element "inverted 'L'
Rober Tail" might elevate me to the proverbial "...next level" on 160 in
2006...?!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ